Improve Public Health & Healthcare
Why it Matters:
America is sick, yet healthcare costs continue to skyrocket. We have some of the highest rates of obesity, heart disease, alcohol and drug addiction, anxiety, depression, and rates of suicide in the developed world. A majority of healthcare costs in the U.S. are for the care of chronic health conditions. The health of every society begins with the holistic health of each citizen.
Where I Stand:
- Improve preventative care awareness to include eating more organic whole foods while reducing sugar and factory made foods.
- Work with employers to provide employees financial incentives for participation in wellness programs.
- Create incentives for hospitals and the healthcare industry to provide preventative health and treatment programs.
- Allow Americans to purchase health insurance across state lines.
- Expand drug prevention, rehabilitation, and transitional housing programs nationwide and create multiagency task forces to develop comprehensive plans to prevent/reduce suicide.
- Establish transparency in terms of costs and quality of health care.