Michael is committed to introducing and supporting bills that address the crucial issues facing our state and nation, especially those related to his TOP FIVE priorities: families first, fiscal responsibility, educational freedom, middle-class prosperity, and government accountability.
See the details of Michael’s vision below.
The PROTECTING THE FAMILY Bill
The family is the fundamental building block of civilization and the determining factor on the health of our nation. In the family, character is formed, integrity is born, values are made clear, goals are set, and lifelong attitudes are established. All Americans agree that a happy and secure family is the best place to raise up children in loving homes. Yet, only 26% of 18-34 year olds are married due to government disincentivizing the family unit.
The PROTECTING THE FAMILY BILL will:
- Ensure that low-income parents are no longer penalized when they get married.
- Reward newly married couples with a tax credit, a credit that increases each year couples stay married.
- Restructure welfare assistance to incentivize parents to get and stay married, while simultaneously uplifting and supporting single parents with compassion and practical assistance.
The Bill will also provide a pathway to rebuilding safe communities by:
- Creating a National PR Campaign for public safety officials, similar to the promotion of our military forces.
- Establishing a National Recognition Performance Award: given to law enforcement departments that reduce their crime rates by 10% or more.
Finally, the Bill will focus on protecting children from potential online danger by:
- Limiting addictive “infinite scrolling” and “random rewards” technologies for kids under 14.
- Instituting and national “No Screen Day” to raise awareness of tech dangers to children.
The EDUCATIONAL CHOICE FOR CHILDREN ACT (ECCA)
Education is a fundamental right and a key driver of individual and societal success across the state and our nation. While traditional public schools play a critical role in our communities, we must also recognize that a one-size-fits-all approach to education does not work for every student, and that parents are key stakeholders in the education of their children.
The EDUCATIONAL CHOICE FOR CHILDREN ACT (ECCA) will allow taxpayers to take a credit and contribute to an independent scholarship fund for students to access, allowing them to choose the school that best fits them.
The BY AMERICA, FOR AMERICA PLAN
- Michigan has lost 12,000 small businesses in the past three years.
- 80,000 residents no longer call Michigan home.
- Average working class pay has not changed in 50 years.
- Manufactured goods imported from China has grown from $10 billion in the mid 90’s to almost $600 billion today.
The BY AMERICA, FOR AMERICA PLAN will:
- Give a Tax Credit to businesses that manufacture and sell American-made products.
- Ensure in-store and online labels of origin are consumer clear.
- Eliminate China’s ability to acquire American land, buy U.S. businesses, or control America’s food production.
- Incentive investment away of CCP-related businesses.